The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) has revised the CMA course syllabus. The new CMA syllabus 2022 for CMA Foundation, CMA Intermediate, and CMA Final will be applicable from CMA December 2023 term exams.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICAI) has introduced the revised syllabus for the CMA course. CMA syllabus 2022 is redefined for the courses commencing from December 2023. CMA 2016 syllabus students can request conversion into the CMA syllabus 2022 via a one-time option to be exercised 6 months before the examination. However, students enrolled and appearing for the CMA exams can opt for the CMA 2016 syllabus until December 2023 term exams.
As per the revised syllabus, the CMA final course will now have three elective subjects. Candidates can choose an elective paper during enrolment. The structure of the course remains the same with four papers in the Foundation course, and eight papers each in the Intermediate and Final courses. CMA New Syllabus Subjects | ICMAI Syllabus 2022 | CMA Curriculum 2022.
CMA Syllabus 2022 – Key Features
Robust, industry relevant, and future ready CMA curriculum aligned with global trends. Nurturing today’s students to tomorrow’s CMA professionals who will lead entities across all industry sectors; and practitioners who will provide management and audit expertise to all such sectors.
- Data Analytics
- Business Communication
- Entrepreneurship & Start-up
- Risk Management in Banking & Insurance
- Lean Accounting
- Six Sigma
- Forensic Audit
- Information Systems Security Audit
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance)
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Finance
- Decision Theory
- Quantitative Techniques in Decision Making
- Cyber Security & Data Privacy Laws
- Anti-money Laundering Laws
- Financial Derivatives
- International Financial Management
- Equity & Bond Valuation
- Business Forecasting Models
- Financial Modelling
- Emotional Intelligence and many more.
Tutorial workshops on contemporary topics:
- Tools and Techniques of Data Analytics
- Financial Modelling, Forecasting, Valuation and Derivatives, Financial Consultancy
- Consultancy Services for Strategic Cost Management
- Forensic Audit
- Information System and Security Audit
- Preparation of Cost Audit Reports
- Sessions with Founders of Unicorn
Click here for CMA Training and Job Opportunities
CMA Foundation Syllabus 2022 | CMA Foundation New Syllabus
CMA Foundation Course Syllabus The CMA Foundation course syllabus is broadly divided into four fundamental courses. The topics under the CMA Foundation exam syllabus stated by ICWAI or ICAI are as follows,
- Paper 1 : Fundamentals Of Business Laws and Business Communication (FBLC)
- Paper 2 : Fundamentals Of Financial and Cost Accounting (FFCA)
- Paper 3 : Fundamentals Of Business Mathematics and Statistics (FBMS)
- Paper 4 : Fundamentals Of Business Economics and Management (FBEM)
CMA Syllabus 2022 – CMA Foundation Subjects
|Paper 1 : Fundamentals of Business Laws and Business Communication (FBLC)||Click Here|
|Paper 2 : Fundamentals of Financial and Cost Accounting (FFCA)||Click Here|
|Paper 3 : Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics (FBMS)||Click Here|
|Paper 4 : Fundamentals of Business Economics and Management (FBEM)||Click Here|
CMA Intermediate Syllabus 2022 | CMA Intermediate New Syllabus
CMA Intermediate Course Syllabus The CMA Intermediate syllabus is divided into two groups, Group I and Group II. The topics are as follows:
- Paper 5 : Business Laws and Ethics (BLE)
- Paper 6 : Financial Accounting (FA)
- Paper 7 : Direct and Indirect Taxation (DITX)
- Paper 8 : Cost Accounting (CA) CMA Intermediate Course
- Paper 9 : Operations Management and Strategic Management (OMSM)
- Paper 10 : Corporate Accounting and Auditing (CAA)
- Paper 11 : Financial Management and Business Data Analytics (FMDA)
- Paper 12 : Management Accounting (MA)
CMA Syllabus 2022 – CMA Intermediate Subjects
|Paper 5 : Business Laws and Ethics (BLE)||Click Here|
|Paper 6 : Financial Accounting (FA)||Click Here|
|Paper 7 : Direct And Indirect Taxation (DITX)||Click Here|
|Paper 8 : Cost Accounting (CA)||Click Here|
|Paper 9 : Operations Management and Strategic Management (OMSM)||Click Here|
|Paper 10 : Corporate Accounting and Auditing (CAA)||Click Here|
|Paper 11 : Financial Management and Business Data Analytics (FMDA)||Click Here|
|Paper 12 : Management Accounting (MA)||Click Here|
Also read: CMA Intermediate Suggested Answers
CMA Final Syllabus 2022 | CMA Final New Syllabus
CMA Final Course Syllabus The CMA syllabus for the Final course exam is divided into two groups – Group III and Group IV. The topics are of advanced level. Take a look at the topics below,
- Paper 13 : Corporate and Economic Laws (CEL)
- Paper 14 : Strategic Financial Management (SFM)
- Paper 15 : Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation (DIT)
- Paper 16 : Strategic Cost Management (SCM) Final Course Group – IV
- Paper 17 : Cost and Management Audit (CMAD)
- Paper 18 : Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR)
- Paper 19 : Indirect Tax Laws and Practice (ITLP)
- Paper 20: Select any one of the following subjects
- Paper 20A : Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation (SPMBV)
- Paper 20B : Risk Management in Banking and Insurance (RMBI)
- Paper 20C : Entrepreneurship and Start Up (ENTS)
Also read: CMA Final Suggested Answers
CMA Syllabus 2022 – CMA Final Subjects
|Paper 13 : Corporate and Economic Laws (CEL)||Click Here|
|Paper 14 : Strategic Financial Management (SFM)||Click Here|
|Paper 15 : Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation (DIT)||Click Here|
|Paper 16 : Strategic Cost Management (SCM)||Click Here|
|Paper 17 : Cost and Management Audit (CMAD)||Click Here|
|Paper 18 : Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR)||Click Here|
|Paper 19 : Indirect Tax Laws and Practice (ITLP)||Click Here|
|Paper 20 : Electives|
|Paper 20A : Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation (SPMBV)||Click Here|
|Paper 20B : Risk Management in Banking and Insurance (RMBI)||Click Here|
|Paper 20C : Entrepreneurship and Startup (ENTS)||Click Here|
Note: Students will be required to select any one of three Elective Papers (20A/20B/20C) at the time of enrolment for the CMA Final Course.
CMA Syllabus 2022 – FAQs
When CMA New Syllabus 2022 will be applicable?
CMA Syllabus 2022 shall be effective from June 2023 term of examinations and onwards.
What are the optional subjects in CMA Final under CMA New Syllabus 2022?
Students taking enrollments in the CMA Final Course have to give one time option about the choice of “Elective Paper”
Paper 20A : Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation (SPMBV) or
Paper 20B : Risk Management in Banking and Insurance (RMBI) or
Paper 20C : Entrepreneurship and Startup (ENTS)
Till when CMA Syllabus 2016 will continue?
Syllabus 2016 shall be continued till December 2023 Exam term.
Can CMA 2016 Syllabus students convert to CMA New Syllabus?
Yes, old students seeking conversion into CMA Syllabus 2022 shall be given one time option to be exercised at least 6 months prior to the examination for necessary verification and approval.
Once their request for conversion is accepted, old students have to purchase necessary Study Materials under Syllabus 2022 at prescribed prices.