There are many cases in which one needs to prepare his/her resume that may be for full time/part time employment or any internships, industrial training etc., What ever may be the requirement among these, it’s very important to prepare the resume before applying for any kind of position.
A well drafted resume which clearly shows the potentiality of the applicant definitely has a key role in deciding whether he will be selected or not.
Besides the credentials of the applicant it’s the resume which is considered by every employer to assess the potentiality of the candidates applied for any designation. For example if some body scores extraordinarily well in all the stages of academic and professional career , but failed to prepare his resume attractively. Then obviously the result would be negative.
Soon after completion of CA – IPCC, CMA – Inter or any degree people will start searching good CA or CMA firms for their articleship. As a part of this hectic task , they also have to prepare their resume in such a way that their achievements and potentiality will be clearly visible to the recruiter on the first glance itself. For most of the candidates applying for articleship it may be their first time to prepare a resume. So without proper guidance one may not draft his resume well.
So it’s inevitable to have some awareness about preparation of a resume before entering the job market. Here in this article I am trying to give some tips about how to prepare a resume.
(1) Simple & concise :
A long story describing in in necessary things is not at all useful rather telling a short and simple story which describes the necessary things as per the requirement of situation. Like this resume also should be short and simple. If you try to include in related & in necessary information in your resume then it wouldn’t be fruitful definitely. So plan your resume to be simple and short to the best possible.
(2) Wordings :
It’s very important to prepare the resume in simple words rather than complex terminology which may potentially cause damage to the ultimate purpose of the resume. And ensure that the resume is free from grammatical mistakes. Let it be reviewed by someone like your friends or parents etc., And remember that including the quality which you don’t possess actually is not at all good for the probability of your success in the recruitment. A recruiter does not need much time to confirm that the qualities you included in the resume are realistic or not.
(3) Objective :
A short and simple Objective focusing on the exact requirements of the recruiter is essential. So ensure that your objective is exactly matching with what the potential employer is looking for.
(4) Academic & professional career :
It’s always advisable to write the relevant academic qualifications only. Instead of writing about all your academic records, inserting the things which are directly relevant to the post applying for. And list out the academic credentials from recent to the old i.e in a reverse chronological order. While drafting the resume for articleship it’s better to write ‘ICAI’ or ‘ICMAI’ against the name of the institute instead of writing the name of the coaching institutes. And round of the percentage till 2 decimals.
(5) Experience if any :
In case if you have some previous experience of working in the same domain then it’s very important to write about the work you have done during the said period. And the narration of work experience should be relevant to the designation you are applying for. If it’s irrelevant then my advice is not to include in resume.
This is not an exhaustive list of qualities a resume should contain. This article is for creating some awareness about preparation of resume in a manner it should be.
Articleship Resume Samples
Articleship Resume – Sample 1
Mail Id: XXXXXX@gmail.com
Looking for a CMA/ CA/ CS articleship program with a organization where I could enhance my knowledge and experience on legal aspects while working with experienced person.
- Good theoretical knowledge of laws.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and auditing laws.
- Very well versed with Ms-Excel.
- Can work efficiently in Tally (All versions).
- Good at quick arithmetic calculation.
- Good command over accounting.
- Pursuing CA/ CMA/ CS program from XXXX College, will be completing in year XXXXX.
- Commerce graduate from XXXXX university in year XXXX.
- Passed higher secondary from XXXX board in year XXXX.
- Passed high school from XXXX board In year XXXX.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Can work for a long period.
- Manage the stressed condition.
- Problem solver.
- Multitasking ability.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Among the top rank holder through out my academic recrods.
- Was the 1st runner up of “law based quiz competition”
Date of birth: XXXXXX
Languages known: English, Hindi, And XXXXX
Articleship Resume – Sample 2
Cell: +91 *******
- A dynamic and customer oriented professional having 5+ experience as CA/ CMA/ CS.
- Proficient in preparation of various Summaries such as sales, purchase, working capital, etc.
- Strong in preparation of Form 704 i.e. Vat Audit Report.
- Excellent in preparation & uploading of Monthly/Quarterly/Six Monthly returns for sales tax purposes.
- Strong potential to portray leadership and motivational qualities.
- Ability to carry on responsibility well.
- Also possess good interactive and communication skills.
Key Responsibilities Handled
- Income Tax
- Preparation of Computation of Income and Income Tax Returns for Various kinds of assesses.
- Preparation of submissions against notices received from the income-tax authorities during the assessment and appeal proceedings
- Projecting tax liability and calculation of advance tax payable
- Tax audits for Private Companies, individuals and firms
- TDS compliance
- Tax planning
- Statutory Audit
- Statutory audit of Private Limited companies engaged in trading and manufacturing businesses.
- Vat Audit.
- Completed 100 hours of compulsory computer training specified by ICAI/ ICMAI/ ICSI.
- Taxation software Known : Genius.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 03, 07 & XP
- Utilities : Ms Office, Accounting Package – Tally 7.2, 9 & ERP.
- Worked as an article assistant at M/s ASD & Co., Cost Accountants.
- Worked as an article assistant at M/s. JKI & Co., Chartered Accountants.
- Worked as an article assistant at M/s. MKI & Associates., Cost And Management Accountants.
- May 2012, FINAL (GROUP 1) from ICAI.
- May 2010, Inter From ICAI.
- August 2008, Foundation From ICAI.
- March 2010, B.com
- March 2007, HSC
- March 2005, SSC
Date of Birth: MM/DD/YYYY